Search This Blog in the above block
~ I dont blog about things to be liked. I blog about things that I like ~ ... so that one day, on my death bed, I will have said and done what I wanted to do, and die peacefully without regrets.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says..' Oh shit....She's awake'

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thanks for your Support

I would like to share with you just a few of the responses (support) I have had since I sent out the email with regards to people throwing their cigarette buds out of their windows (see post below) in this insanely hot, dry and windy climate that we are experiencing right now...

Thanks guys, you rock!


From: Grant : On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:07 PM,
You go Girl ... There is nothing more (except maybe shark cage diving) that pisses me off. I firmly believe that they should tax each cigarette 50c for the fact that hardly any smokers keep their butts in their cars and for littering everywhere. The money should go to fire fighting organisations, the fire fighters and who ever cleans up all the stompies.

From: Donna Date: Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:47 PM
This is great- thanks for your efforts in trying to protect the environment from morons like this. My favourite approach when I catch people in marked business vehicles chucking out cigarette butts is to e-mail the company concerned with the details of what happened and I generally get a great response from them, as it really does their company image no good to have employees acting in this manner. But for private individuals it is pointless to report them to the cigarette hotline, as no one has ever been prosecuted for this illegal activity as a result of phoning in to the hotline, so this is a great alternative approach. Keep it up & I will try the same thing next time I see an offender. And I have forwarded the mail, so I hope it keeps going till she sees it!
Regards
Donna


From: Janine Date: Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM
I'm so glad you did send this .. we need more awareness that this is just unacceptable!
Well done J!!


From: Meriel Date: Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Well Done Juanita – I call the Stompie Line on 021 424 7715 – Cape Talk often advertises the number – not sure who they are but they always take down the details of who and when.


From: Peter Date: Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:13 PM
go girl!


From: Lejane Date: Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:40 PM
I AGREE wholeheartedly with this – 100%. That is just around the corner from where I live and can you imagine if I had to try and evacuate 15 cats and four dogs and a fish….
Thank you thank you.
Lejane


From: Ingrid Date: Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Ja shit man this makes me see RED, is this a taxi driver or her chauffeur I wonder!?! Stupid, stupid woman!! Isn't this now a criminal offense, doesn't someone have a contact in the License Department?


From: Jackie Date: Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 7:34 PM
Hi Juanita, Well done. Looks like Morgan T? There is a telephone number you can phone and give the registration number as well as make of car and in the event of a fire in that area, they will be able to track the vehicle and occupants if you are willing to sign an affidavit.
I have reported offenders before and it works like a charm. I agree wholeheartedly and feel most strongly about this. How about the woman who died on table mountain when a British tourist threw a cigarette out. He nearly went to jail as he should have
Regards
Jackie


From: Tamsin Date: Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM
I’m a smoker and NEVER throw my cigarettes out the window. In fact if I’m outside I never throw my ciggie down on the ground – my litter goes with me.


From: Cape Town Conferences
Hi – daar’s ‘n nommer wat mens kan bel om haar te rapporteer. Bel net jou local traffic department. Ek het dit nou nie by my nie maar ek het dit in my motor op ‘n stukkie papier vasgeplak. Die ou het ook dalk gedink hy word uitgevang met sy skelmpie! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!


From: Paul Date: Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:56 PM
I believe there is a hotline now for this very thing i heard it on the radio the other day government implemented!!Good luck with this im with you all the way


From: Brenda Date: Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Hi Juanita, There is also a number you can call to report the culprits: 021 424 7715. You need to provide them with the time, date, make of car, registration number and location.
I, personally have reported quite a few people already. It's disgusting! I drive around with a piece of paper and pencil in my car as I see people flicking stompies out of their cars on a daily basis. They can be fined up to R1000 (should be a lot more as far as I am concerned).
Kind regards
Brenda


From: Lynette Date: Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Hi Juanita , Many thanks for your email (and sms), your blog site looks great. I love the fact that you expose nature destroyers - keep that going!
Kind regards
Lynette


From: Belinda Date: Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Sorry for all my smoking friends, but I so agree with this email, I have no problem with people smoking, but please don’t litter by throwing your cigarettes out of the window. What if everybody threw all their rubbish out of the window. I am so glad somebody finally got up the courage to say this!

No comments:

New to reading blogs?

I have heard so many people saying they are new to reading blogs. Here is the 'low down' of what you need to do:

1. The blog is written in date order. Latest posts are at the top and older posts below them. Older posts have a link to them - find the link if you scroll right to the bottom of this screen - see Older Posts.
2. Click on the post header if you wish to make comments below the articles. Comments are most welcome :)
3. I blog our hikes to help other people find nice hiking routes, but also because we love taking pictures on our hikes.
4. On the right column are images of some of the hikes we have done so far. Click on the images to read about those hikes.
5. Subscribe to my newsletter if you wish to get updates of new posts. I will not inundate you with mails - promise.

Thanks for reading my blog and hope you enjoy the read.

There is an old saying...

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.