Sanparks: Free Guided Walks at Cape Point
There are enthusiastic volunteers who are now offering free guided walks at Cape Point.
- Meeting point for all hikes is just inside the main gate on the 2nd Sunday of each month.
- Walkers must wear strong boots and have hat, sun block, rain gear, water and a snack.
- You can purchase an activity card (obtainable at Boulders or Westlake) or pay admission/ conservation fee at the gate.
- There is no payment for the walk. ***note different start times***
- Enquiries: John 021 782 2379 Ian 021 782 8552
|Date||Route||Approx Distance||Starting Time||Hours||Leader|
|May 8||Olifantsbos Road to Sirkelsvlei and Return||5km||09:00||3||Des: (021) 782 1375|
|June 12||Sirkelsvlei Circuit (from Olifantsbos)||6km ||10:00||3.5||Ron: (021) 789 1918|
|July 10 ||Buffelsfontein Visitors Centre to Antonies Gat and Return via Beach||8km||10:00||4||John: (021) 782 2379|
|Aug 14||Hoek van Bobejejaan Circular Route||5km||10:00||3||Ian: (021) 782 8552|
|Sept 11 ||Gifkommetjie to Good Hope||8km||09:00||4||John: (021) 782 2379|
|Oct 9 ||Shipwreck Trail (starting from Gifkommetjie)||6km||09.00||3||Ian: (021) 782 8552|
|Nov 13 ||Kanonkop Trail (From Visitors Centre)||6km||08.00||3.5||Ian: (021) 782 8552|
|Dec 11 ||Mystery Hike||8km||08.00||4.5||John: (021) 782 2379|