Search This Blog in the above block
~ I dont blog about things to be liked. I blog about things that I like ~ ... so that one day, on my death bed, I will have said and done what I wanted to do, and die peacefully without regrets.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says..' Oh shit....She's awake'

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wolfberg Cracks - Part 5: The Easy Route Down


Having come from the Wolfberg Arch, we wanted to be back down by at least 18h00. By this time I was exhausted and decided to take a slow pace down.

We returned to the Wolfberg Arch sign, then we went to look for our marker that we planted before we left, and we were comfortable to know we were going down the right way.


The path is very clear, so it was not difficult to find at all.  No need for describing where to go, again the cairns were a blessing.


At this point I decided to take short 5 min break, to regain some strength to head forward.  Its almost more difficult to stop, because then your legs become lazy from being so tired.  My feet were hurting more than anything by now.


The picture below is showing the last stretch of the easy down-route (6) of the crack. I only inserted it to give the readers an understanding of this is where your path splits when you go up (5), and again the path that you come back to when you come down from the other side.  (The picture is of me going up, so dont let it confuse you if you wish to use this article as a guide.)


How do you climb a mountain?  1 step at a time.  I had to remind myself:  "its the same for getting back down - 1 step at a time".


We reached the car at 18h00.


And were spoilt for choice again with the most beautiful of beautiful sunsets over the Cederberg!


The memories of this hike will surely last forever.  Alex is the most wonderful hiking partner, and he pushes me all the way.  I enjoy being challenged and would not want it any other way either.

Thanks again to Gerrit at Oasis for being our virtual guide all the way!

We really would love to come back and do this route again some day in the near future.  We will be bringing our mountain bikes with us and stay for longer.  Maybe next September again?!

No comments:

New to reading blogs?

I have heard so many people saying they are new to reading blogs. Here is the 'low down' of what you need to do:

1. The blog is written in date order. Latest posts are at the top and older posts below them. Older posts have a link to them - find the link if you scroll right to the bottom of this screen - see Older Posts.
2. Click on the post header if you wish to make comments below the articles. Comments are most welcome :)
3. I blog our hikes to help other people find nice hiking routes, but also because we love taking pictures on our hikes.
4. On the right column are images of some of the hikes we have done so far. Click on the images to read about those hikes.
5. Subscribe to my newsletter if you wish to get updates of new posts. I will not inundate you with mails - promise.

Thanks for reading my blog and hope you enjoy the read.

There is an old saying...

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.