The New7Wonders Foundation in Zurich, Switzerland announced on January 7, 2009 that Table Mountain is one of the 261 magnificent natural sites from 222 countries that have made it through to the second round in this global race to name the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Other iconic natural sites to come through the first round include the Grand Canyon, Loch Ness, Mount Fuji, the Amazon, the Great Barrier Reef and Niagara Falls.
The New 7 Wonders of Nature will be determined by votes from the public and South Africans can show their support for the Mother City’s majestic mountain by visiting www.new7wonders.com and casting their vote.
You have until 7 July ONLY! You can vote more than once.
Voting in the second phase to select the top 77 runs until July 7 this year, when a panel of experts will select the 21 finalists - these will be announced on July 21 when the third and final phase of voting will begin. The official New 7 Wonders of Nature will be revealed in 2011.
2 Options to Vote:
1. Click Here to Register and Vote Online
2. Call in and Vote over the Phone
How to vote by telephone in three easy steps:
- Dial this international telephone number: +41 77 312 4041
- At the end of the message, after the tone, insert the 3 digit code for your chosen nominee
- When you hear the thank you message, you are all done - you have voted by telephone !
Now see the LIVE RANKING below: